6.16.2008

Catfish Adams: Year 25 of My Life

Today is my 26th birthday. This past year started off strong (at a bowling alley, actually); the kind of year anyone could rally behind. I mean, who wouldn't want to go to Memphis and see the shag carpeting on the ceilings of Graceland? Fried chicken at Gus'? Sign me up! But that strength began to fade near the halfway point. Flat tire, anyone? The year ended with a whimper, definitely not the best conclusion to leave audiences wanting more (no bowling, or any other, ball play). The most frustrating thing is that audiences know that the potential for more is there. Let's hope that the inevitable follow-up does what its predecessor could not do.

For the power of year 25's start, I award it a set of folded towels.



----------------
Now playing: The Mars Volta - Tourniquet Man
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I turned 27 a few weeks ago, was very excited as am staying in NY for the summer (am from London) however, on the day i suddenly realised I have no family or friends around... No cards or packages turned up was an incredibly dull, depressing day.... Things did brighten up, come the weekend my housemate had organised some tickets for an Eric Solomon's concert that weekend, was a great night, and made up for the dissapointment. (I mean, what did I expect in a foreign country... a parade?!)

Blog Flux Directory Music Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory